Reuters hacked for second time in month
A false report that Saudi Arabia’s foreign minister prince Saud al-Faisal had died was blogged
By Derek du Preez | Computerworld UK | Published 08:16, 17 August 12
Reuters news service’s blogging platform was hacked this week, allowing false claims to be published stating that the Saudi Arabian foreign minister prince Saud al-Faisal had died.
This is the second time the newswire's blogging platform has been compromised this month.
“Reuters did not report the false story and the post was immediately deleted. We are working to address the problem,” said Barb Burg, director of global communications at Reuters News.
According to Reuters, no immediate information was available on who was behind the hacking.
Earlier this month it was revealed that the blogging platform was illegally accessed and false posts were made live relating to an interview with Riad al-Asaad, the head of the Free Syrian Army.
Following this, Reuters reported that its Twitter technology news account had also been hacked and false tweets were posted, again relating to the armed struggle in Syria.
A series of 22 fake tweets were sent out, some of which carried reports about Syrian rebel losses suffered in battles with Syrian government forces.
Share:Facebook Twitter Google Plus Stumble Upon Reddit Share This Email this article
The Nokia Devices and Services business helped boost Microsoft's revenue, but hurt profitsmore ..
The EU's right to be forgotten ruling 'must go'more ..
New rules could mean bankers could have their bonuses clawed back up to seven years after they received them if appropriatemore ..
“Youth doesn’t always equal innocence” says KPMG fraud expertmore ..
In M&A a cyber attack on a target company could have a material impact on its valuemore ..
Pernod Ricard CFO Gilles Bogaert has nailed his 'green' colours to the mastmore ..