We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
RSS FeedChange Management

AG Barr and Britvic seal merger terms


Merger would result in £35m of cost synergies and 500 job cuts

Article comments

Carbonated and soft drinks makers AG Barr and Britvic have agreed terms of a merger which has the potential to create one of Europe's largest soft drinks conglomerate, it was announced on Wednesday.

AG Barr famous for its Irn Bru drink and Britvic for its Tango range, first commenced talks in September. The merger will leave Britvic shareholders with a 63 percent holding and AG Barr shareholders with the remaining 37 percent.

It is likely to see about 500 jobs cut out of a combined workforce of 4,000. The new company would be called Barr Britvic Soft Drinks plc with its head office in Cumbernauld and projected annual sales of over £1.5 billion.

Roger White, currently head of AG Barr, will be the chief executive of the merged company. The boards of AG Barr and Britvic believe that the combined group will be able to achieve recurring annual cost synergies of approximately £35 million, according to a Britvic spokesperson.

Share:

Recommended Articles

Comments

AG Barr and Britvic seal merger terms
Change Management

Is the FTSE 350 hiding behind token women appointments?

Is the FTSE 350 hiding behind token women appointments?

There are just 16 female executives in the first five FTSE 100 companies and technology firms fare even worsemore ..


Met Office teams up with Heathrow to improve flight decisions

IT connects Met Office workers in Heathrow with supercomputing power from its Exeter basemore ..

Customer satisfaction falls for third month in a row

CFOs are in prime position to improve customer satisfaction, CEO of Customer Service Institute saysmore ..

Reckitt Benckiser to demerge pharmaceutical business

The separate UK listing is expected to take place over the next 12 months, the company said in its half-year results updatemore ..

Making multi-supplier outsourcing work

It is not enough to assign a contract and then expect the outsourcer to run with it independentlymore ..

Interim CFO or consultant? The pros and cons

Ed Harding offers an insight into the life of an interim CFO and the advantages in driving transformationmore ..

Send to a friend

Email this article to a friend or colleague:


PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the recipient know who sent the story, and in case of transmission error. Both your name and the recipient's name and address will not be used for any other purpose.



In Depth
Can finance rise to the challenge of major transformation?

Can finance rise to the challenge of major transformation?

Outdated finance processes, systems and competencies leave too many questions unanswered more ..

In Depth
Interim CFO or consultant? The pros and cons

Interim CFO or consultant? The pros and cons

Ed Harding offers an insight into the life of an interim CFO and the advantages in driving transformation more ..

Advertisement

* *